Angular Theme for Blogifier - Dynamic Data. To streamline development, I'm going to use data service from existing Blogifier theme. So I go and grab it from here and copy to
src/app/core. One thing to fix right away is to modify environment files to include API endpoint required by service I just imported. Because our theme uses public APIs, we can point it to any Blogifier instance.
In this part we'll get to coding, so VS Code or other editor with Angular support highly recommended. I'll use VS Code here. Install if not already and open folder from the first tutorial,
C:\demo\myapp. In the terminal, run
ng serve to make sure it builds and runs application with no errors. You should see something similar to below.
This is the first tutorial, its goal to help understand how theming engine works in Blogifeir and get started on theme development quickly and easily. Tutorial does not get into much details, just steps through creating and deploying Angular CLI application as Blogifier theme.
Looking at the latest in web design, it seems that focus is shifting from HTML-based themes to creating complex client-side applications with React, Angular, Vue and so on. This is natural progression as all those frameworks mature and provide more power in hands of front-end developers.
Tonight I released Blogifier 2.1. I also installed it on couple sites that I'm going to support moving forward. Having multiple instances running in production environment puts a lot of restrictions, because support and maintenance on the live site takes a lot of time and effort.
Few weeks back I upgraded this blog to run on Blogifier - open source project I put on Github over a year ago. In its current incarnation it is a small blogging application that is fun and easy to use - to me at least :)
Most open source projects follow common structure. You put your source files under "src", distribution files go to "dist", unit tests under "tests". Nothing wrong with that, so I mostly followed it for Blogifier and ended up with this structure.
For a while Blogifier tried wearing two hats - been platform (Core) and application at the same time. In theory it made sense, in reality you need large team for this kind of multitasking.
Explaining is hard. Things that seem crystal clear to you can be completely foreign to others, and when I started planning on Blogifier, concept looked very natural and not even worth explanation.
It took just a few weeks to move Blogifier to release 1.1. Although changes are mostly cosmetic, it adds some really nice polishing touches to core functionality and significantly improves UX. Check out below what exactly was added in this new version.
It took way too long but finally Blogifier.Core 1.0 has been released to the world! It means, two brand new packages popped up in the Nuget.org and, if you search on "blogifier" it should return page looking similar to this